01 Apr The Best 2019 Trends for Mother of the Bride Dresses
As the bride, you want your mom to really shine on your wedding day.
After all, this is a special moment for her too – and it’s quite likely that she has been dreaming of it ever since she got married herself!
What are some of the very best 2019 trends for mother of the bride dresses?
We have some tips for you – keep reading and find out more.
- Bodycon dresses. It used to be that mothers (of the bride and groom alike) wore larger dresses at their children’s wedding – frequently dresses that did no justice to their bodies, regardless of what shape or size they might have been. However, bodycon dresses are quite the trend now when it comes to mother of the bride attires. They are extremely elegant and flattering and they work very well, especially with weddings on the more casual side.
- If your mom feels that a bodycon dress is not for her, help her find something that suits her body. For instance, she could wear a knee-length A-line gown in a color that is complementary to your wedding color scheme. This will make her feel young and it will help her feel involved in the wedding the same way your bridesmaids are!
- Of course, there is always the option of providing your mom with some pantsuit and jumpsuit options as well. These can look really classy, and their biggest advantage is that there are both extremely comfortable and extremely flattering for a variety of body types. Many also come with stylish jackets that can dress up the look.
- Be sure to consider the location and venue of your wedding. Your mother’s dress may not look at the wedding as in the store if your wedding will be outdoors, for example near a lake or on a beach. The fabric, the colors, the pattern, the cut, and even the length of the skirt and the sleeves – they will be influenced by the nature of the location you have chosen for your wedding, as well as the actual level of formality.
- She should feel great. Last, but definitely not least, the key element to finding the right dress for your mom is for her to feel excellent wearing it. There’s no point in asking your mom to wear the latest trends if they don’t make her feel comfortable – so put your mom’s opinion and comfort above everything else!
Still searching for the loveliest and most romantic wedding venue on the Eastern Shore? Contact The Oaks, schedule your personal tour of our grounds, and we guarantee you will LOVE it here so much!